Thursday 11 June 2009

Spread The Messege.

Woop Di Doo!
Neiloh made another blog!


So it's ten to one, & I'm sat on my bed listening to the king blues. There's something about them I've really warmed too latley, They're music is actually rad.
so I was thinking I should make a new blog, considering I've been thinking a lot about the future latley and what i want to do with my life.

I really cannot wait to record, We've been writing for this E.P for nearly 3 months now,
I have a feeling it's going to be fucking cool. Hope to god that people dig it.
Lyrically, The E.P tackles loads of issues in a very subtle way, yet the meaning is still there.
Lately, My lyrics have been a lot darker; writing about the observations I make in and among my friend groups.
One in particular, plays on the Rold Dhal book; James and the Giant Peach; The feeling of being stuck with someone so sweet, yet wanting to leave and get out.

As the chant rings out "We're Spreading the Message" in 'Flame On' It leaves me thinking if i should even bother using positive and Pro-Peace themes in my lyrics. I have thought about this latley, I feel like when someone listens to our band, I want them to be uplifted by it, We're working with Frankie Torpey again, Which is who we worked with for our first two recordings, We all mutually decided to not go to outhouse yet as they charge a stupid amount for us at the moment and we feel that Frankie captured our sound really well the first time around; They were just demo's too. so I'm really excited to hear his mastered quality.
I'm too excited to for you to hear it.


I've been thinking a lot about my friends too. I have been truly best with my friend's.
& I do realize that, but theres something about Matt McCabe smoking and doing drugs that make me wonder how he got into that mess.
Just hope that he uses his head and gets out of that shit.
It's all ok to joke about being a mess. but deep down the kid is a lot better then that.
I understand that people change, and things happen to people as they grow up, but that shouldn't mean they lose the proper logic they once had.
I also went to the pub on Saturday, and saw an old friend of mine, who completely blanked me.
I don't understand how not seeing someone after so long will bring out an animosity inside someone.

Logic wise, I think I'm in the best place now, than I ever have been, My head feels clear and my heart feels strong about what I'm doing rite now.
So I really can't complain.

Tomorrow I have the End of year show at Uni. I feel like I have done quite well this year, and I cannot wait to show Jason (The local Fred Perry Store manager) our work!
I'm so stoked to see what he will think of it.
That, and the after party afterwards.
It feels like I haven't been able to have a proper party in a while now, just to be able to let my stresses go and have a good time.

I'm off now to go get some sleep and listen to my new favorite song.

Should you return by Copeland.
That band are one of the greatest band's alive today,
anyway,

Goodnight
Neil


Posted by I Am Monster @ 16:46

Read or

Post a Comment

:)
I'm glad my Neiloh is in such a good place :) !

Posted by Blogger The Amazon Princess @ 12 June 2009 at 04:37 #
 
<< Home